A Leading Employer
Our Employees are the cornerstone of our success over the past 60 years. It is our employees skills and abilities that have made us a leader in the building material industry. We take service seriously and our employees continue to set the bar high!
Our relationship with our employees is important to us. It is based on honesty and integrity that we have continued to grow our staff and maintain a healthy work environment. We have members of our staff that have been with us for many years. We are proud of the various employees that have started with us at entry level positions and have now moved up into management positions. Our hardworking staff are integral to our current and future success!
Wm. Dyck & Sons offers an exceptional work environment along with the following compensation package:
- Competitive Compensation
- Extensive Health & Dental Plan
- Profit Sharing
For more information on employment opportunities with Wm. Dyck & Sons please contact us HERE.
We are looking for a motivated and creative individual to promote our brand, services, and our contractor teams. This person would be responsible for all things marketing for Wm Dyck & Sons. This is an extremely exciting role for a person who wants to help build an incredible marketing department in a growing organization. This is a brand new role so this individual must enjoy the idea of creating something of their own from scratch.
• Creating a cohesive marketing strategy for all of our mediums of marketing
• Overseeing social media accounts and website to drive sales both online and in-store
• Implementing search engine optimization (SEO) on our website
• Coordinating with our contractor sales team to organize photos of our builders jobsites
• Researching trends and new marketing opportunities
• Leading marketing meetings once a week with our product group managers
• Coordinating all physical advertising including truck decals, road signs, billboards, and WD clothing.
• Producing financial documents for advertising campaigns, such as budgets, estimates, and contracts
• Communicating and negotiating with marketing vendors
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting campaigns
Marketing Manager Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, business administration, or similar.
• At least five years’ experience as a marketing manager.
• Extensive knowledge of marketing strategies, channels, and branding.
• Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong time management and organizational abilities.
• Competitive compensation
• Benefits package
• Great team environment
• Profit sharing program
• Opportunity for career growth
House Package Sales
Serve customers by helping them thru the home building process.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to displays and samples; suggesting items etc.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence by offering suggestions and opinions, while understanding the customers needs and timelines to close the sale.
- Document sale by creating or updating customer sales orders, product ordering and records.
- Work with Delivery Manager to ensure product is properly ordered and available based on installation timeline.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed within the team.
High school or equivalent
House Package Sales: 2 years
- Good Listening Skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Up to Date Product Knowledge
- Exceptional People Skills
- Good Energy Level
- General Math Skills
- Good Verbal Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Blueprint reading
- Performing take-offs for houses, decks, garages, renovations and shops
- Experience with a Computer Estimating Program an asset.
Paint Sales Associate
As a result of continued growth we are looking for an individual to join our Paint/Sales team. Excellent customer service skills are a must, retail experience an asset. Candidate must be team oriented and work well within a team atmosphere.
-Provide the highest possible level of customer service to all customers and contractors.
-To learn and utilize all aspects of our Point Of Sale system.
-To restock, audit, and merchandise inventory as needed.
-Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area/store.
-Provide support to Management team with various tasks as needed.
-Grade 12 education.
-Working knowledge of Windows, MS Excel, and MS Word.
-Experience in paint is an asset but not mandatory.
-A team player with the ability to multi-task within a retail environment.
-Ability to remain individually productive.
-Ability to lift 35 pounds, and climb up and down ladders.
5-ton Trucks: applicants must have a class 1 or class 3 license with air. Forklift experience would also be an asset since trucks will be equipped with a Moffett forklift.
Hiab Crane Truck Driver & Operator: applicant must have experience operating boom trucks along with class 3 license with air. Experience working within the material building supply industry would be an asset.
1 1/2 ton Delivery Truck: applicants must have a valid class 5 license.
Please attach driver’s abstract with application.
As a result of continued growth we are looking for an individual to join our yard customer service team.
Full time (40+ hour work week). Must be physically able to lift upwards of 60 lbs. Building material experience would be an asset.
Resumes can be submitted using the information on the top of this page.