A Leading EmployerOur Employees are the cornerstone of our success over the past 60 years. It is our employees skills and abilities that have made us a leader in the building material industry. We take service seriously and our employees continue to set the bar high!
Our relationship with our employees is important to us. It is based on honesty and integrity that we have continued to grow our staff and maintain a healthy work environment. We have members of our staff that have been with us for many years. We are proud of the various employees that have started with us at entry level positions and have now moved up into management positions. Our hardworking staff are integral to our current and future success!
Wm. Dyck & Sons offers an exceptional work environment along with the following compensation package:
- Competitive Compensation
- Extensive Health & Dental Plan
- Profit Sharing
House Package Sales
Serve customers by helping them thru the home building process.
- Welcomes customers by greeting them; offering them assistance.
- Directs customers by escorting them to displays and samples; suggesting items etc.
- Advises customers by providing information on products.
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence by offering suggestions and opinions, while understanding the customers needs and timelines to close the sale.
- Document sale by creating or updating customer sales orders, product ordering and records.
- Work with Delivery Manager to ensure product is properly ordered and available based on installation timeline.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed within the team.
- Good Listening Skills
- Excellent Customer Service
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Up to Date Product Knowledge
- Exceptional People Skills
- Good Energy Level
- General Math Skills
- Good Verbal Communication
- Job Knowledge
- Blueprint reading
- Performing take-offs for houses, decks, garages, renovations and shops
- Experience with a Computer Estimating Program an asset.
- High school or equivalent
- House Package Sales: 2 years
Tool Sales/Service Person
We are a looking for an individual to join our sales team in the capacity of Tool Sales/Service Person. The position will also need to provide backup sales support in other departments as needed. Individual will be responsible for sales, service and warranty administration, and merchandising within the department. Experience within the retail industry in a sales capacity, and/or purchasing, would be an asset.
- Provide the highest level of possible service to all customers with the main objective of serving our retail customers and contractors
- Provide customers with information on additional items related to purchases made
- To learn and utilize all aspects of our computer POS system
- To provide backup-up sales support to all areas as needed
- To provide backup-up support to our cashiers as needed
- Perform merchandise re-stocking as needed
- Cycle counts as directed
- Manage customer complaints quickly and efficiently
- Administer and manage service/warranty requests and claims
- Receive product as required and manage warehouse inventory
- Hardware, tools, or LBM experience in a sales and/or purchasing capacity would be an asset
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office experience an asset
5-ton Trucks: applicants must have a class 1 or class 3 license with air. Forklift experience would also be an asset since trucks will be equipped with a Moffett forklift.
Hiab Crane Truck Driver & Operator: applicant must have experience operating boom trucks along with class 3 license with air. Experience working within the material building supply industry would be an asset.
1 1/2 ton Delivery Truck: applicants must have a valid class 5 license.
Please attach driver’s abstract with application.
As a result of continued growth we are looking for an individual to join our yard customer service team.
Full time (40+ hour work week). Must be physically able to lift upwards of 60 lbs. Building material experience would be an asset.
Resumes can be submitted using the information on the right of this page.