November 20, 2020
Dear Valued Customers:
Put into effect by the Province of Manitoba starting Saturday, November 21, we will be roping off/removing all items that the Manitoba Government deems “Non-essential.” Our retail front will continue to stay open to service our customers for their essential product needs. We continue to offer curb-side pickup as well as delivery.
As COVID-19 numbers continue to increase throughout the province, we want to make sure we are providing our customers and our staff with the safest possible retail experience. It is mandated that all customers continue to wear a mask, social distance, and follow our staff’s instruction when it comes to capacity. We thank you for your continued support throughout these challenging times.
– Carl Fast, President
September 28, 2020
Dear Valued Customers:
Put into effect by the Province of Manitoba starting Monday, September 28th, all customers will be required to wear a mask while shopping at our store.
As COVID-19 numbers increase throughout the province, we want to make sure we are providing our customers with the safest possible shopping experience. We understand that these can be frustrating times for many of us. We kindly ask that you bear with our staff as we navigate through this crazy time. Your safety is our priority and we appreciate your continued support during this time.
Owners: Carl and Heather Fast
April 29, 2020
Over the first 7 weeks of this pandemic in our province, we all have been making necessary changes to our normal life and work routines to help interrupt the spread of COVID-19. Current information from our health officials on individuals infected by Covid-19 are an indication that numbers seem to be flattening based on the decisions taken by our government and supported by our communities. The journey will likely be long and experience many challenges as we all navigate this uncertain path. The management team at Wm Dyck and Sons has been discussing our plans to reopen aspects of our store while ensuring that effective safety measures continue to be followed to protect our staff and customers. We will be implementing our plan in phases – following the lead of our provincial leaders:
Phase 1 – April 27
– Flooring and cabinet stores will be open for customers but limited to safe numbers.
Phase 2 – May 4
– store and yard will be open 8am-6pm M-F, 8am-5pm Saturday
– Customers will be able to get out of vehicle on yard but still maintain physical distancing
Phase 3 – May 11
– Store and yard will be open 8am-9pm on Wednesday and Thursday
– On site measures for flooring and cabinets in occupied homes – (with safety protocol in place)
Phase 4 – May 18
– Our installers will work in occupied houses (with safety protocol in place)
These phases are based on current COVID-19 information provided by the Manitoba government and will be adjusted as required based on recommendations from our health professionals. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for our staff and customers while maintaining the level of service expected from our company.
April 7, 2020
Dear Valued Customers,
As we all navigate through this difficult health crisis that has impacted the entire world, our company will be taking additional steps to interrupt the spread of COVID-19 while we continue to serve our community. The challenges COVID-19 is presenting are unprecedented. Questions around the length of time this will last and how long it will take the economy to find balance again are not possible to answer today. As we move through this pandemic, we believe it is our responsibility to follow recommendations from Manitoba’s chief health professionals to protect staff and our customers. Therefore, as of April 13th, our company will be implementing the following additional polices:
- Hours of operation will be from 8am-5pm Monday- Friday and 8am-3pm Saturday
- Front door will be the only access to any of our stores for retail customers
- The number of customers in the store will be restricted to 12 and we will have a designated team member at the front door to screen customers for travel and potential contact with individuals affected by virus
- Hand sanitizer station will be set up at front entrance which all customers will be expected to use prior to shopping in store
- We are requesting that customers limit their social interaction with staff and other customers and maintain the recommended physical distance of 1-2m apart at all times
- We are requesting that parents don’t bring children with them into the store
- Free curb side delivery (Monday – Friday) within the town of Niverville for any person that is quarantined or completely self-isolating. Drywall and shingles are not included in this service.
- No returns for in store products will be accepted until further notice
- Due to limited floor space, our paint department will be limited to one customer at a time.
- Payments by credit card, debit card or e-transfer. No cash.
- Customers can call or email in orders ahead and our team will assemble them and have them ready to pick up. Sales team will contact customer when order is ready for pick -up. Orders would be prepaid with credit card or e-transfer.
It is our hope to assist in interrupting the spread of COVID-19 and keeping our community safe.
April 3, 2020
COVID -19 UPDATE
As we are closely monitoring the impacts of the COVID – 19 pandemic, we want to assure our customers that as an essential service provider, Wm Dyck and Sons will remain at your service, but will be adapting new policies, procedures and store hours to reduce the risk of exposure to our staff and our customers to this virus. This is our priority.
Therefore, the following new procedures will be effective immediately:
- We will not be accepting any returns from our store until further notice.
- Our flooring and cabinet departments will be open by appointment only: Monday–Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 9am-3pm. Please call 204-388-4727 to schedule a visit. If you have not called for an appointment, please knock on the front door and if our staff are available and showroom is free, we would be pleased to serve you.
- We are asking that parents not bring children (unless infants) into any of our stores. This reduces the amount that products are handled which decreases unnecessary risk to our staff and customers.
We will continue to review recommendations from public health authorities and are prepared to make the necessary decisions as required. At this time, we don’t expect to close our store, but are looking at reducing hours, restricting the number of customers in our store and improving our delivery service to handle smaller orders for customers who are choosing to stay at home during this crisis.
It is our hope and prayer that our world, country, province and community will all work together to fight the spread of this life taking virus and support our front- line health care providers.
We are all In this fight together.
Please monitor our social media for additional updates.
March 25, 2020
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS:
With the ever increasing impact of COVID-19 we continue to adapt our policies to best protect our customers, installers and staff. Until further notice the following policies apply:
- Our flooring and cabinet teams will not be doing on site measures or inspections in occupied homes. We will endeavor to complete installation in occupied houses for customers who have already ordered material for their house prior to the health crisis. Management may at their discretion move install to later date based on increased communal spread of the virus. This will be monitored on a day to day basis and communicated to you by our sales team.
- New construction: Our sales and installation teams will only be authorized to work/measure on sites where they can be scheduled as the only trade on site. Our installers will sanitize light switches and door handles they touched as they leave the jobsite.
- Our Cabinet and Flooring showrooms will remain open for now. We will continue to ask that anyone who has been out of the country in the last 2 weeks or is not feeling well to visit our showroom after they have self quarantined for 2 weeks and are feeling better. We ask that all meetings are kept to only 3 people, the third person being our sales person and that young children do not come into the showroom at this time.
- Our sales and installation teams are all asked to honor the social distancing and keep minimum 6′ apart according to Health Canada guidelines in order to help limit the risk of the spread of coronavirus.
PRESIDENT WM. DYCK & SONS
March 18, 2020
Like all organizations, Wm Dyck and Sons is monitoring developments regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the recommendations of federal health authorities closely. It is our mandate that we are prepared and able to respond to protect our employees and customers should this pandemic escalate.
Wm Dyck and Sons is open for business and we are adapting our business practices to account for the impact of the COVID-19 is having on our communities. Some of these practices include ensuring that any of our team that has recently arrived home from international travel are self-quarantined for 14 days – no exceptions. This will also apply if they live with others who have arrived home from international travel. We expect that this will disrupt our service level, and we ask that our customers work with us as we navigate these uncertain times.
One of the questions that customers are directing to our company is with respect to any change in our hours. At this time, we have decided to maintain our normal business hours but would be prepared to close store if necessary while continuing to offer our delivery services. We will communicate any changes to our operation through our social media.
Our flooring and cabinet installations are moving forward, but we are requesting that all staff and sub-contractors follow preventive actions to ensure health and well-being of themselves and our customers. If you chose to postpone your delivery or installation date, our team will be happy to work with you.
The management of Wm. Dyck and Sons understands that this pandemic is impacting all of us and specifically the elderly and individuals with weak immune systems. Therefore, we would appreciate that you work with us and support the health guidelines to control the spread of Coronavirus.
President – Wm Dyck and Son