April 3, 2020
COVID -19 UPDATE
As we are closely monitoring the impacts of the COVID – 19 pandemic, we want to assure our customers that as an essential service provider, Wm Dyck and Sons will remain at your service, but will be adapting new policies, procedures and store hours to reduce the risk of exposure to our staff and our customers to this virus. This is our priority.
Therefore, the following new procedures will be effective immediately:
- We will not be accepting any returns from our store until further notice.
- Our flooring and cabinet departments will be open by appointment only: Monday–Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 9am-3pm. Please call 204-388-4727 to schedule a visit. If you have not called for an appointment, please knock on the front door and if our staff are available and showroom is free, we would be pleased to serve you.
- We are asking that parents not bring children (unless infants) into any of our stores. This reduces the amount that products are handled which decreases unnecessary risk to our staff and customers.
We will continue to review recommendations from public health authorities and are prepared to make the necessary decisions as required. At this time, we don’t expect to close our store, but are looking at reducing hours, restricting the number of customers in our store and improving our delivery service to handle smaller orders for customers who are choosing to stay at home during this crisis.
It is our hope and prayer that our world, country, province and community will all work together to fight the spread of this life taking virus and support our front- line health care providers.
We are all In this fight together.
Please monitor our social media for additional updates.
March 25, 2020
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS:
With the ever increasing impact of COVID-19 we continue to adapt our policies to best protect our customers, installers and staff. Until further notice the following policies apply:
- Our flooring and cabinet teams will not be doing on site measures or inspections in occupied homes. We will endeavor to complete installation in occupied houses for customers who have already ordered material for their house prior to the health crisis. Management may at their discretion move install to later date based on increased communal spread of the virus. This will be monitored on a day to day basis and communicated to you by our sales team.
- New construction: Our sales and installation teams will only be authorized to work/measure on sites where they can be scheduled as the only trade on site. Our installers will sanitize light switches and door handles they touched as they leave the jobsite.
- Our Cabinet and Flooring showrooms will remain open for now. We will continue to ask that anyone who has been out of the country in the last 2 weeks or is not feeling well to visit our showroom after they have self quarantined for 2 weeks and are feeling better. We ask that all meetings are kept to only 3 people, the third person being our sales person and that young children do not come into the showroom at this time.
- Our sales and installation teams are all asked to honor the social distancing and keep minimum 6′ apart according to Health Canada guidelines in order to help limit the risk of the spread of coronavirus.
PRESIDENT WM. DYCK & SONS
March 18, 2020
Like all organizations, Wm Dyck and Sons is monitoring developments regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the recommendations of federal health authorities closely. It is our mandate that we are prepared and able to respond to protect our employees and customers should this pandemic escalate.
Wm Dyck and Sons is open for business and we are adapting our business practices to account for the impact of the COVID-19 is having on our communities. Some of these practices include ensuring that any of our team that has recently arrived home from international travel are self-quarantined for 14 days – no exceptions. This will also apply if they live with others who have arrived home from international travel. We expect that this will disrupt our service level, and we ask that our customers work with us as we navigate these uncertain times.
One of the questions that customers are directing to our company is with respect to any change in our hours. At this time, we have decided to maintain our normal business hours but would be prepared to close store if necessary while continuing to offer our delivery services. We will communicate any changes to our operation through our social media.
Our flooring and cabinet installations are moving forward, but we are requesting that all staff and sub-contractors follow preventive actions to ensure health and well-being of themselves and our customers. If you chose to postpone your delivery or installation date, our team will be happy to work with you.
The management of Wm. Dyck and Sons understands that this pandemic is impacting all of us and specifically the elderly and individuals with weak immune systems. Therefore, we would appreciate that you work with us and support the health guidelines to control the spread of Coronavirus.
President – Wm Dyck and Son